Friday, May 20, 2016

The Power of Play: Love, Listen, Learn and Sound Good Together

To see musicians play together amazes me. They listen to each other, appreciate each other, compliment each other and we are the ultimate beneficiaries.  The give and take that goes on on stage is a model for what life and leadership can be when we love what we do and appreciate those we do it with. In life and in organizations we can have a tendency to look down on others and not value what they bring to the table.  In music the artists appreciate the artistry and instrument their fellow band member brings to the stage and the play together.

To watch Antone Knight share the stage with the likes of Ken Ford was moving.  Not that I haven't seen this before but to see it last night moved me in a special way.  As I reflect on my journey today I am mindful of how arrogant people dismiss and talk down to others and I so wish we could learn to play together. When we play we have to listen and respect the other as we want to sound good together.  Today I recommit to listen and play with others.  Who do you need to be listening to?  Can you hear those you play with?  What is your role in the band you play in?


No comments:

Post a Comment