Monday, May 2, 2016

David P Stevens: All the Way Live



As a kid my favorite jazz artist was Wes Montgomery.  From my earliest relationship with jazz it has been through the guitar.  I tell you this so that you can understand why I am so excited about seeing David P. Stevens perform.  I heard David P prior to seeing him live and I wasn’t ready for his live performance.  He was totally awesome. 



When I go to see an artist I don’t just want to hear the music I want to see them perform. I want to be entertained as I listen to their music live.  I have found artist who sound great when I am home listening to them and then I see them live and they are horrible.  In the case of David P. Stevens he adds an entire new level to his music.  He and his music come to life when you see him perform.  He is an artist who understands how to entertain you while not taking away from the quality of his music and or musicianship.

First you will hear a great musician.  He is awesome on the guitar.  His finger work will amaze you.  His sound is incredibly clean as he  plays with passion and energy.  When I hear him and see him you can feel the music.  He touches you when he plays.  You literally feel the music.  You sit there in amazement of what you are hearing and seeing; you want to get up and dance but you are spell bound by his technique and the quality of the music.  All I can say is, if David P Stevens is in town you want to go see him.

To see more of my images from the show go to the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment