Thursday, April 3, 2014

Take Time to Develop You!

Take the Time to Develop You! From Vision to Image

OK I am about to complete my first year of my MFA at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Well, not really because the final term for the year just started and I am in week two of a ten week term but I can see the end.  The class I am taking this term is Digital Craft. It is a class that teaches you how to develop your images in the digital dark room.

What is interesting about this class that bookends this first year of my course work is that my very first class this year was focused on developing film and doing our work in the old skool darkroom.  I appreciate both the old skool process and this new skool process and what they have made me think about is how am I developing me?   Or how are you developing you?

To develop images old skool or new skool requires a lot of time.  You have to learn how to use all the tools at your disposal.  I think about what it takes to learn how to develop images in the dark room using chemicals or in Light Room (a software package) in both cases it is hard work.  You have to learn how to use the tools you have to get the image to look the way you see it.  It requires an artistic vision as you have to see what you want to develop before it is developed.  You have to see the image in your mind before it is developed or printed on paper.

Now, back to us.  What do you see in you? What is the image of you that you have in your mind that you needs to be developed in order to be printed?  Are you using the tools you have to produce the image of you that the creator had in mind when the creator framed you and composed you in your mother's womb?  Are you putting the work in to get the output?


No comments:

Post a Comment