Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Crime Scene: 1 Dead and 4 Wounded and the Next Chapter Begins

1 Dead and Four Wounded

I woke up yesterday the news story that there was a shooting at Auburn and Bell!  What?  I am on my way to that very spot.  I arrive and the crime scene is still being processed.  The police are there, the new stations are there and I can't get through.  As I walk around crime scene and do my daily walk up Auburn Avenue I encounter another scene that is being monitored by police.  It is the scene of contractors doing the final work that will bring the Atlanta Streetcar to life.  The police officer is there to manage the traffic flow as the contractors are putting cables under the street.  Is this also a crime scene?  Is it a crime to gentrify?  Is gentrification a part of what every city has to go through?  How do we usher in the next chapter of the future of Sweet Auburn while not forgetting its history?  I don't know the answers to the questions I am raising but I do know that the police were at both ends on the street yesterday.  




The News Coverage:



No comments:

Post a Comment